Monday 10 December 2012

Crossing Countries by Train. Okay, maybe not. (Day 1: Visiting Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)


My Kuala Lumpur via train Travel

The train ride from JB sentral Terminal to KL Sentral Terminal – Malaysia

20 October 2012

Our train tickets were purchased ahead of time via the KTM website as we want to try the overnight train sleepers.  (https://intranet.ktmb.com.my/e-ticket/login.aspx) Our travelling time is from 23:55 to 6:00. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to reserve the premier class or even the 1st class and ended buying the second class sleepers. Better than sitting the whole night, right?


We arrived 30 minutes before the departure time even though the instruction in the ticket is we need to be at the station one hour before. Good thing as there isn’t anything you need to do once you’re at the terminal but to wait for the train to arrive.  The train reach the terminal just in time and we were asked to queue for checking of the ticket.  

KTM Berhad Intercity Train


To be honest the KTMB train is quite a disappointment. It was old and not well maintained but I took trains before that are much worse than this so no harm trying. I’m in for an adventure after all.


Inside of KTM Berhad train
 
Second Class Sleepers of KTMB Train
The second class sleepers were not good as well. I felt like I’m in a hospital. It was clean but not sure if it is really. It has a double deck like bed. The one below has more space than the upper. It was separated by curtains. You need to place your bag inside your sleeping area or leave it in the hallway.

Outside view from the window beside the bed

Cleaning the train
First station after the train departure on JB Sentral Terminal
I thought I won’t be able to sleep the whole night as the train move, I can loudly hear its sound. I was stationed near the door, I thought this is a good spot but it isn’t. The door on our side keep banging as the lock was broken. The view outside was dark and scary. It’s like I’m in a horror movie. I shut my curtain and try to get some sleep. The sleepy head, me, was sleeping soundly before I knew it. I woke up couple of times during the trip but found myself sleeping again knowing that we haven’t reached our destination yet.

Other train in the railway
Well, I don’t have much story to tell as I was asleep the whole time and the next thing I knew the train conductor is waking up everyone as we arrive in KL Sentral exactly at 6:30 in the morning

Links for more information:

No comments:

Post a Comment